About this policy
Protecting your privacy
- Online Procurement Services is committed to protecting the privacy of any of your personal information that we hold.
- We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collect it or as may be permitted by law.
- We will comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles.
- If you are an organisation e.g. a corporation, a government department or an agency, we may require you to provide us with personal information about your employees and other individuals in order to provide our services to you. Where you provide us with sensitive information about an individual, you must obtain authorisation from that individual to provide us with such information and refer those individuals to this policy.
Kinds of personal information that we collect and hold
- The personal information that we collect and hold about you is information that will identify you and may include an opinion about you and sensitive information about you.
- The kinds of personal information that we may collect and hold about you would include your name, gender, date of birth, occupation, address, other contact details, financial information and other information that would identify you.
- Sensitive information includes information about a person’s ethnicity or race, religious beliefs, political opinion, membership of a political party, health and dietary requirements.
- We will not require sensitive information to be disclosed to us unless it is necessary for us to provide the relevant services.
- If we are provided with any sensitive information that we did not request, that information may be retained and stored.
How we collect personal information
- If you are an individual and you contact us directly to request our services, we will ask you to provide us with the relevant personal information that we require in order that we may provide the services to you.
- If you are an organisation e.g. a corporation, a government department or an agency we will ask you to provide us with the relevant personal information of your employees and other individuals that we require in order that we may provide the services to you.
- Our website may offer links to other websites that may collect your personal information. You should read the privacy policies of any such third parties as we are not responsible for how they collect, use or disclose personal information.
How we hold personal information
- We hold personal information in electronic form and in hard copy form in files.
- We take reasonable steps to protect personal information and to prevent its misuse or unauthorised disclosure.
- We store our hard copy files in filing cabinets and cupboards. We restrict access to those files as necessary.
- We may also use cloud storage to store your personal information and the relevant servers may be located outside Australia.
The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
- We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the purposes of providing you with our services.
- We may disclose your personal information to external service providers e.g. aircraft operators, in order that they may provide those parts of our services that we contract out to them.
Cookies – how we use them
Employment or contracting with us
- If you are applying to us for employment, we will ask you to provide us with your personal information including contact information, identification information, your employment history, references and other relevant information to assess your application.
- If you will be contracting with us as a contractor, sub-contractor or as a consultant, we will ask you to provide us with your personal information including contact information, identification information, information relating to your experience, references and other relevant information to assess your suitability.
- We may use your personal information to provide you with further information about our services that may be of interest to you.
- If you do not wish to receive our marketing information, you may ask us to remove you from our mailing lists by contacting our Privacy Officer, whose details are set out below.
Credit information and Credit card details
- If we provide you with credit, we may ask you to provide us with credit information relating to you including contact information, identification information, bank and trade references and other information to assess your
- credit worthiness.
- If you pay us for our services with a credit card, we will ask you to provide us with the relevant credit card information.
Access to and correction of personal information
- You may ask us to provide you with any of your personal information that we hold.
- You may ask us to correct any of your personal information that is out of date, inaccurate or misleading.
- We will respond to your requests within a reasonable period.
- You have a right to make a complaint if you consider that we have breached any Australian Privacy Principle by contacting our Privacy Officer, whose details are set out below.
- We will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period, usually 21 days.
- If you are dissatisfied with our response, you may lodge your complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner whose contact details are –
telephone: 1300 363 992.
Disclosure of personal information to overseas recipients
- We may disclose your personal information to overseas external service providers e.g. aircraft operators, in order that they may provide those parts of our services that we contract out to them.
- Those overseas external service providers may be located in the USA, the United Kingdom, and other countries.
Our Privacy Officer
- If you require additional information relating to your personal information or require us to provide you with your personal information that we hold or to update or correct any such information or to make a complaint, please contact our Privacy Officer whose details are as follows:-
Online Procurement Services Pty Ltd
PO Box 460 Springwood QLD 4127
- We may also take other reasonable steps to notify you of any changes.